We are seeking a self-motivated service technician who share a passion for high-tech, high-precision CNC manufacturing machine tools. You would build and service a series of precision machine tools for the gear manufacturing industry. Accuracy and quality are paramount to our products, and so our service team requires highly focused, skilled, CNC electricians and mechanics. Our machines are used to produce gears for applications such as commercial airplanes, automobiles, and power tools.
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team as a critical member of a small business. You would have plenty of room and encouragement for learning and career growth. Entry level, qualified, and highly qualified candidates will be considered.
Employment also brings training opportunities.
- Competitive hourly compensation commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package for qualified employees, including major medical, paid vacations, and 401k
We are a supplier of premium European products to the North American gear manufacturing industry. Our customers see us as their partner in providing high quality gear manufacturing machines and cutting tools to the automotive, aerospace, construction, and medical markets to name a few. Our products are critical for brands like Boeing, Ford, GM, Whirlpool, etc. See our website, www.koepferamerica.com, for more information.
Koepfer America has been in business for more than 25 years. Our success stems from an integrated family of employees who truly enjoy providing products, service, and technical support for premier North America gear manufacturers. As a small business, we enjoy job flexibility, personal responsibility, social events, and an emphasis on education. Our team consists of a large range of experience that contributes to a helpful environment. All of these qualities provide a workplace where individuals can thrive and generate a successful career.
Primary Responsibilities, Service Technician
- Read and understand assembly, pneumatic, and hydraulic diagrams in order to layout, assemble, troubleshoot, and repair machine tools
- Read and understand electrical diagrams in order to perform minor troubleshooting and repairs
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and provide preventative maintenance (PM) at customer locations
- Assist in the production of in-house machinery
- Layout and assemble machine parts
- Document and maintain detailed service records
- Interface and play a crucial role in our service technicians team
- Travel 50% in the US, Canada, and Mexico up to one week at a time
- Knowledge of popular machine tool controls
- Knowledge of relay logic and ladder programming
- Ability to use laptop to communicate with machine controls
- Ability to layout and build machine control panels
- Ability to do basic machine part programming
- Strong aptitude for electrical equipment
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to bend, lift, stand, and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings
- Formal technical education in a related field
- Experience in assembly of machines and/or sub-assemblies
- Experience and/or understanding of CNC machines
- Computer skills
- Proficiency in the use of micrometers, calipers, and related hand tools in metric and US units
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to utilize appropriate equipment and tools