We are seeking a self-motivated service technician who shares a passion for high-tech, high-precision CNC manufacturing machine tools. You would service and build a series of precision machine tools for the gear manufacturing industry. Accuracy and quality are paramount to our products, and so our service team requires highly focused, skilled, CNC mechanics. Our machines are used to produce gears for applications such as commercial airplanes, automobiles, and power tools.
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team as a critical member of a small business. You would have plenty of room and encouragement for learning and career growth.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly compensation commensurate with experience
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No-work weekend culture
- Small company of self-reliant experts and professionals
- Health insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- 401k retirement plan with guaranteed minimum employer contribution
About Koepfer America
We are a supplier of premium machines, tools, and services to the North American gear manufacturing industry. Our customers see us as their partner in manufacturing high quality gears for the automotive, aerospace, construction, and medical markets to name a few. Our products are critical for brands like Boeing, Ford, GM, Whirlpool, etc. See our website, www.koepferamerica.com, for more information.
Koepfer America has been in business for more than 25 years. Our success stems from an integrated family of employees who truly enjoy providing products, service, and technical support for premier gear manufacturers. As a small business, we enjoy job flexibility, personal responsibility, a social environment, and an emphasis on education. Our team consists of a large range of experience that contributes to a helpful environment. All of these qualities provide a workplace where individuals can thrive and generate a successful career.
Primary Responsibilities, Service Technician
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and provide preventative maintenance (PM) at customer locations
- Assist in the production of in-house machinery
- Layout and assemble machine parts
- Interface and play a crucial role in our technical team
- Travel 50% in the US, Canada, and Mexico up to one week at a time
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 5 years of CNC machine design, assembly, or troubleshooting
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings
- Formal technical education in a related field
- Basic electrical understanding
- Experience in mechanical assembly of machines and/or sub-assemblies
- Proficiency in the use of micrometers, calipers, and related hand tools in metric and US units