Maximum Hobbing Versatility
Up to nine CNC axes for combined heavy duty hobbing with maximum versatility.
Industry-leading flexible gantry automation system with special design options available.
Hob shifting allows more evenly distributed wear over the entire cutting tool.
Able to cut parts up to 195 mm (7.678″) diameter and shafts up to 500 mm (19.685″) long with a rating up to 4 module (6.35 DP).
- Universal heavy duty hobbing and milling machine for the hobbing of spur and helical gears, worm gears, and other tooth profiles that can be produced by the hobbing process
- Superior dampening from composite epoxy bed ensures the highest possible static, dynamic, and thermal stability
- Proven closed box machine design provides the highest static and dynamic rigidity when extreme cutting forces are applied
- Unique Koepfer design concept of symmetrical distribution of cutting forces to ensure maximum machine life and consistent part quality
- Optional gantry automation system for complete flexibility
- Direct-drive digital work spindle ensures consistent quality over the life of the machine
- Work spindle includes pre-loaded bearings and modular clamping system to accurately and safely locate and clamp work pieces
- Quick changeover achieved by quick hob arbor clamping system and quick clamping work spindle, which allows work piece fixturing to be clamped with the touch of a button
- Standard CNC control designed for flexibility with a windows-style dialogue program
- Control provides position of up to eight axes at all times
- Optional timing of one gear to another gear on same work piece or to an external or internal feature
- Optional skiving (hard hobbing) capability
- Optional auxiliary tool for deburring tools, steady rests, and special applications
Koepfer Model 300 Technical Data
|Koepfer Model 300 Technical Data||mm||Inch|
|Maximum module / diametral pitch||4.0||6.35|
|Minimum number of teeth||3|
|Maximum work piece diameter|
|Maximum axial travel||300||11.811|
|Maximum work piece length|
|Center distance of work piece to cutter|
|Hob head capabilities|
Maximum cutter diameter
Maximum cutter length
Maximum cutter shift
|Maximum swivel angle||+/- 45 degrees|