Used Koepfer Model 180-029 CNC Gear Hobbing Machine
GE Fanuc Power Mate D system controls axial and radial feeds for easy two-cut cycles, crown hobbing, taper hobbing, and more.
Load the included gravity-feed magazine with blanks and let the machine do the rest of the work.
By using hob shifting strategies, wear can be more evenly distributed over the entire tool.
- Universal hobbing machine for the hobbing of spur and helical gears, worm wheels, and other tooth profiles that can be produced by the hobbing process.
- Equipped with automatic loading and unloading equipment
- High-speed shifting hob head, type 8030, with 140 – 1,400 RPM capability
- Machine mounted hydraulic unit for tailstock motion, work piece clamping cylinder, automatic loading equipment, etc.
- High-speed index drive (4 : 45 ratio) for hobbing 3 or more teeth
- Automatic axial rapid traverse motion, 600 mm/min (23.62 in/min)
- Automatic radial rapid traverse motion; total time for rapid approach and return is 1 second
- 2-axis CNC control, GE Fanuc Power Mate D System, which allows the following functions:
- Variable hob RPM
- Variable axial and radial feed rates
- One- or Two-cut cycle
- Crown hobbing
- Taper hobbing
- Plunge cutting
- Skip cycle
- Dwell timer for worm wheels, blind splines, etc.
- Differential for the hobbing of helical gears
- Coolant supply and filtration integrated into machine bed
- Automatic lubrication system with shot lube for machine ways and recirculation for the gear train
- Gravity magazine loading system
- “V”-rail unloading system for gears
- Chip basket
Koepfer Model 180 Technical Data
|Koepfer Model 180 Technical Data||mm||Inch|
|Maximum module / diametral pitch||2.5||10|
|Minimum number of teeth||3
(2 with alternate configuration)
|Maximum workpiece diameter with 32 mm (1.250 in) diameter hob|
|Maximum axial travel||180||7.087|
|Maximum work piece length with automation||260||10.236|
|Centerline distance of work piece to cutter|
|Hob head capabilities|
Maximum cutter diameter
Maximum cutter length
Maximum cutter shift
|Maximum swivel angle||+/- 40 degrees|
|Weight||3,800 kg||8,000 lb|